Well hello there! We’re looking for someone amazing to join our small architecture firm in beautiful Fort Langley, BC. Although we’re in a quaint little town, our creative endeavours tend to be the opposite. With work across North America and a few projects overseas we continually push the boundaries of what it is to be a small. We take on projects that are unique in size, typology and budget, but with the underlying prerequisite that they're for awesome clients. This equation has always resulted in a beautiful project and working relationship.
Looking for an Architect
1. You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Accomplishing tasks should bring you immense joy.
2. You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer based skills will be necessary.
3. We use Revit 105% of the day. Knowing it is a necessity here; if you’re a pro at it, apply!
4. You need to be a person who enjoys to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good. Client and consultant relationships are key for any architectural masterpiece to turn out as desired.
5. You need to nail down the details. You don't need to race through work and get things done half-assed. We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
6. We want you to be systematic and meticulous in your work. Buildings are a reflection of the people who design them as well as the people who occupy them. If the architect behind them isn’t meticulous, it shows.
In short, your job is to be a great at helping our team and clients in any way you can. And to have fun at work. Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
What we don't expect is perfection or unrealistic existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you those things and we have systems/ processes that are malleable. Plus you probably have already experienced many of them at previous firms. What we do expect is intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
Hours will be 40/ week, Monday to Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. You must come into our Fort Langley office five days a week (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow our systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include "x marks the spot” in the subject line. This is our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that's you) who are truly interested in this position.
Timing wise we are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up is to send us a portfolio along with your resume. You can also write in an email why you think you're perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a portfolio (that's okay), please tell us why.
Emails can be sent directly to Victoria at email@example.com
We can't wait to meet you!!!